[Biojava-l] How to launch a blast on ncbi server via biojava?

bertrand beckert bertrand.beckert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:20:56 UTC 2007

Thanks for all those answers

So first I tried the NCBI blast interface which you can found at:
http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~f_kohant/ncbiblast/
which work, but the result are in xhtml format....
then I test the EBI webservice for NCBI blast which also work and teh result
are in xml format.
I use the biojava Blast XML parser, but always some exception occurs:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Could not recognise the format of this file as one
supported by the framework
at org.biojava.bio.program.sax.BlastLikeSAXParser.parse(
BlastLikeSAXParser.java:182)....
I also tried to put the parsing in the lazy mode but it doesn't change
anything.

Remark:
the BlastLikeSAXParser seem to be able to parse the NCBI Blast version:
 2.0.11 , 2.2.2 ,  2.2.3
 and the blast version received is :  program name="NCBI-blastn" version="
2.2.15 "....

Bertrand