[Biojava-l] Mutable Symbol Lists

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Wed Sep 5 02:30:36 UTC 2007

Hello Philip,

If I remember correctly, the rub is that SymbolLists are mutable by
default (Changeable) but use ChangeListener.ALWAYS_VETO to provide a sort
of immutabilty.

It might be more efficient to have the implementation be truly immutable
by default and add mutabily in a separate implementation.

If you take a look at the number of classes that implement Changeable, you
might get a feel for how significant a design change this would be.

   michael