[Biojava-l] WriteFasta

Saif Ur-Rehman su24 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 10:06:25 UTC 2007

Dear Richard,

I have tried the RichSEquence.IOTools.writeFasta method and this method is still
appending the characters "??" to the front of each write. I am using a
FileOutputStream and a Sequence object as inputs to the method. like so.

 Sequence seq; // read in from File
 FileOutputStream f =new FileOutputStream (fileName);

			   try{

			    	RichSequence.IOTools.writeFasta(f,
			    	        seq,
			    	        RichObjectFactory.getDefaultNamespace()
			    	        );

			    }

Thanks a lot for your time

Sincerely,

Saif

Quoting Richard Holland <holland at ebi.ac.uk>:

Saif Ur-Rehman
Research Student
The Centre for Evolution, Genes & Genomics (CEGG)
Dyers Brae
School of Biology
The University of St Andrews
St Andrews,