[Biojava-l] Error while reading byte data for creating a Trace.

Richard Holland holland at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 10:15:43 UTC 2007

I suspect the byte array itself may contain inaccurate data.

Internally, both the URL and File constructors read the data into a byte
array and then pass it to the same method as is used by the byte[]
constructor.

So, something must be different between the byte array you have, and the
byte array obtained by reading the file in.

The File constructor uses the following code to read the file:

    byte[] bytes = null;
    FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(ABIFile);
    BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(fis);
    int b;
    while ((b = bis.read()) >= 0)
    {
      baos.write(b);
    }
    bis.close(); fis.close(); baos.close();
    bytes = baos.toByteArray();

If the above code produces different results to your byte array when
reading data from the same file as your code, then something has gone
wrong with the construction of your byte array.

Lastly, a full stack trace would help us pinpoint the line that is
breaking, and hopefully provide a hint as to what is wrong with the
contents of the byte array. If you could provide one that would be very
helpful.

cheers,
Richard