[Biojava-l] Secondary Structure data from PDB file

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon May 28 22:43:45 UTC 2007

Hi Andrew,

> Do I observe correctly that org.biojava.bio.structure.io.PDBFileParser
> does not currently handle secondary structure annotation (e.g. HELIX,
> SHEET, or TURN records),

The parser is fine, but this has been a missing feature so far.
To add support for this I just committed a patch to the biojava CVS.
The parser now
(optionally) can attach the secondary structure assignment that has
been provided by the author
of the PDB file to an amino acid.

See also
http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook:PDB:read

Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
			 +44 (0) 1223 49 6891

The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited,
a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company
registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is
215 Euston Road London NW12BE.