[Biojava-l] BioJava 1.5 versus BioJava 2

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 05:48:10 UTC 2007

Hi -

BioJava2 is more of a concept than an actual usable API. I'm not sure
if the development of this project is even active right now.

BioJava 1.5 will be the next generation of biojava. It doesn't use
features of JDK1.5 like generics, foreach, and unboxing but later
versions will. However, this doesn't mean you can't use them with the
API. For example there is no reason why you cannot make a
List<Sequence> and iterate over it with a foreach statement. It's just
that BioJava 1.5 doesn't do that internally yet.

- Mark