[Biojava-l] BioJava 1.5 versus BioJava 2

Eric Gibert ericgibert at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 17 01:42:38 UTC 2007

Dear all,

I am using BioJava 1.4 and I think to upgrade to 1.5. But I would like to
benefit of the new Java language improvement (<structure> and "foreach a la
Java"). My understanding is that Biojava 1.5 uses the List type (with the
Iterator). On the other hand, I read about another project called Biojava 2
which takes the approach to implement <Sequence> and other features of Java
5.0.

But it looks like Biojava 2 is still new and does not offer the rich
environment of Biojava 1.x

Any comments?

Eric Gibert

http://www.asia-dragonfly.net <http://www.asia-dragonfly.net/>  &