[Biojava-l] can BioJava do alignment ?

Ramon Medrado rmedrado at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 17:45:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

The information is true. Biojava 1.5  has the main algorithms of alignment
as NeedlemanWunch, SmithWaterman and other implementations that are
encapsulated on package org.biojava.bio.alignment
All source is disponible in this link :
http://www.biojava.org/download/bj15b/all/biojava-1.5-beta.tar.gz

and the jar file is disponible in:
http://www.biojava.org/download/bj15b/bin/biojava-1.5-beta.jar

and the javadoc:
http://www.biojava.org/download/bj15b/doc/doc.tar.gz

I wait to have helped

--
Ramon
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science

2006/10/19, Carmel Kent <CARMELK at il.ibm.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in a Java package for sequence alignment.
> I understood that BioJava 1.3 & 1.4 itself cannot align sequences, it can
> only create objects that are representations of alignments generated by
> third-party software.
>
> I had an impression that      BioJava 1.5 can do alignment itself (e.g., I
> saw in http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook:DP:PairWise2 the class
> named org.biojava.bio.alignment.NeedlemanWunch)
>
> I have two questions:
>
>    is this true ? I mean, does BioJava 1.5 contain the alignment
> algorithm,
>    itself ?

   if it does, I downloaded the CVS view of BioJava 1.5, but could not find