[Biojava-l] Looking for a RandomAccessFile-like class for sequences

Todd Riley toddri at eden.rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 9 23:02:21 EST 2006

Hello,

I am looking for a RandomAccessFile-like class that can read small,
arbitrary chunks of a very large (like 250K of human DNA) fasta file.
(UCSC chromosomal fasta files contain just 1 sequence for the whole
chromosome).  I was hoping that someone may have already written a class
that will take in an alphabet and a range (maybe in the form of a
RangeLocation object) and will return the sequence in that range from
the file.  I would hate to spend time re-inventing a wheel that may
already exist.

Thanks,
Todd