[Biojava-l] SCF file wont load from URL

K.R. Carter k_stellar at msn.com
Wed Aug 30 20:34:14 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am trying to load an scf file by using the input stream from a url and it
will not load. Does anyone know what might be happening? My program doesnt
give an error, it just completely freezes.  I am using the latest ( i think)
version of SCF class.

/**
 * A {@link org.biojava.bio.chromatogram.Chromatogram} as loaded from an
 * SCF v2 or v3 file.  Also loads and exposes the SCF format's "private
data"
 * and "comments" sections.  The quality values from the SCF are stored as
 * additional sequences on the base call alignment. The labels are the
 * <code>PROB_</code>* constants in this class.
 * The values are {@link
org.biojava.bio.symbol.IntegerAlphabet.IntegerSymbol}
 * objects in the range 0 to 255.
 *
 *
 * @author Rhett Sutphin (<a href="http://genome.uiowa.edu/">UI CBCB</a>)