[Biojava-l] Apache License vs. (L)GPL

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Fri Sep 23 12:12:30 EDT 2005

Hello Martin,

I think the concern is only in the opposite direction, when an
Apache-licensed library wishes to include a GPL-licensed library as a
dependency.

As long as you adhere to the conditions of the LGPL for BioJava (include
the text of the LGPL in your distribution) and of the Apache license for
the commons libraries (include the text of the Apache licence and a
NOTICE.txt file in the distribution or a section in your README.txt with
the text "This product includes software developed by The Apache Software
Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).") then you are fine.

   michael