[Biojava-l] Another problem with TaxonFactories

Richard HOLLAND hollandr at gis.a-star.edu.sg
Sat Oct 8 00:22:16 EDT 2005

biojavax should circumvent this. have a look in the org.biojavax.bio packages in biojava-live for a sneak preview. Basically we have adopted the BioSQL conventions, and created a new NCBITaxon class to represent the table from the database. The code is written to work with Hibernate for database access, so that you can search the taxa any way you wish - no need for a TaxonFactory in this new version.

Docs and HowTos will be provided when this biojavax thing is finished. Mark won't set a date but personally I'd like to see it out by the end of the year.

cheers,
Richard