[Biojava-l] Ant, Biojava and NetBeans

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Wed May 11 02:04:54 EDT 2005

Hello -

I have been playing with biojava and NetBeans 4.0, I have been pleasently
surprised to find it works very well. It copes with the idea of having
lots of source directories, integrates very well with CVS and does a good
job of building from the Ant build.xml

The one thing I have had problems with is that it throws
ClassCastExceptions when building Javadocs from the Ant script. This
doesn't happen from the command line. It does actually manage to produce
HTML (presumably without the nice custom taglets).

Googleing around for an answer there is some suggestion it is caused by a
JVM bug (something to do with forking processes or something). Has anyone
else noticed this? Anyone got a solution?

- Mark

Mark Schreiber
Principal Scientist (Bioinformatics)

Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
10 Biopolis Road
#05-01 Chromos
Singapore 138670
www.nitd.novartis.com