[Biojava-l] SCF parser problem

Zhao, Yongmei YZhao at tigr.ORG
Thu Aug 25 10:29:14 EDT 2005

Hello,

I parsed trace file by using the SCF parser in biojava-1.4 release, the
output of the getTrace(AtomicSymbol nuc) method returned erroneous data,
obviously, the data is overflow. I tested with few scf trace files and
tried to compare the results (int[]) with the output from staden package
io_lib, only first few sample data in the array are the same, the rest
of the data from SCF parser does not make sense. I searched Biojava-dev
archive, and saw a discussion talked about the bug in SCF parser, which
was fixed and will lead to 1.4 release. I am wondering if the fix was
included in 1.4 release or not?

Thanks,
Yongmei