[Biojava-l] Can I modify a SeqSimilaritySearchSubHit?

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Thu Apr 14 03:05:18 EDT 2005

Hello -

They are immutable because the Annotation object (and others) throw
ChangeVetoExceptions when altered. This is probably a good thing.

The decision to not include the query ID is pretty contraversial and ran
along the lines of ... you knew what it was when you did the search you
should know it now. Probably not the best reason. I'm pretty sure the
query is emmitted by the BLASTLikeSAXParser it's just not listened for by
the subsequent SeqSimilarityAdapter or BlastLikeSearchBuilder  (see
http://www.biojava.org/docs/bj_in_anger/BlastParser.htm for a description
of the Blast parsing pipeline). To check if the Query is emitted, and what
type of event it generates, you could use the example here
(http://www.biojava.org/docs/bj_in_anger/blastecho.htm).

If the event is emitted then a simple modification to SeqSimilarityAdapter
of BlastLikeSearchBuilder should allow it to be included in the Annotation
object of the SeqSimilaritySearchHit.

- Mark

Douglas Hoen <douglas.hoen at mail.mcgill.ca>
Sent by: biojava-l-bounces at portal.open-bio.org