[Biojava-l] (no subject)

Dr. Christoph Gille christoph.gille at charite.de
Tue Apr 12 18:40:23 EDT 2005

The following looks like a bug to me. It occured with jre (SUN) 1.4 and
1.5 on X-Windows: I loaded the example "How do I display Features"
http://www.biojava.org/docs/bj_in_anger/featgui.htm

The sequence and the associated feature are displayed in a JFrame
without error as described in the tutorial.  However, when I resize
the JFrame with the mouse the end of the sequence is often not drawn.
Only the 5' part (or N-terminus) is visible.  The size of the part
that is not drawn is different each time I resize the frame.  It is
also not redrawn when I hide the frame by another frame and unhide it
subsequently even thought the paintComponent(Graphics) method is
invoked;
Hi everybody,

The following looks like a bug to me but I am not completely sure.

The paintComponent(Graphics g) method of SequencePanel is invoked each
time as expected.  I checked getPreferredSize() within the
paintComponent(Graphics) and found that it returns correct Dimension
values.

If I place the SequencePanel directly to the JFrame.getContentPane() then
drawing of the total sequence works fine.

Only if I add it to an other JPanel and place this JPanel in the
getContentPane() as explained in the example then the painting error
occurs.

seqPanel.setDirection(SequencePanel.VERTICAL) exhibits the same
problem.

When I place the SequencePanel into a JScrollPane than the scroll-bar
size is incorrect and the scrollable area is too large.

Christoph