[Biojava-l] Getting Started

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Mon Sep 6 20:49:21 EDT 2004

Hello -

Apologies for the out of dateness of the information. You have basically 3
options.

1) get biojava1.4 pre1 release (the most recent official release from the
download site)
2) get a nightly snapshot from http://www.derkholm.net/autobuild/ (reccomended)
3) get biojava-live from CVS (probably not best for beginners)

You need the following on your class path:

biojava.jar (version number depends on release or date of snapshot)
bytecode-0.92.jar
commons-cli.jar
commons-collections-2.1.jar
commons-dbcp-1.1.jar
commons-pool-1.1.jar

At this point your done and dusted and should be able to run some demos
from BioJava in Anger. You probably also want the docs and the source but
you don't need them to run anything.
Hope this helps...

Mark Schreiber
Principal Scientist (Bioinformatics)

Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
10 Biopolis Road
#05-01 Chromos
Singapore 138670
www.nitd.novartis.com