[Biojava-l] biojava and Xcode

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 19:17:35 EST 2004

Hi,

I have been able to build biojava using Apple's Xcode 1.5. I also was
able to make a separate small Xcode project and run some code that
uses biojava. What I would like to be able to do is, is to debug my
code including the code it uses from biojava. I can step through my own
code, but as soon as the debugger steps into a biojava function, it
treats that as a black box, and I cannot see what happens 'under the
hood'. Is there any way to accomplish this, either with Xcode, or
another OS X or X11 app? I understand that this is impossible when I
only have a jar file, but now I also have all the source code from
biojava.

Maybe I need to create another target in the same project that contains
the biojava source, but so far I have not been able to get this to
work.

thanks,

- Koen.