[Biojava-l] LabelledSequenceRenderer does not work with TranslatedSequenceRenderer, Newbie

Keith James kdj at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Mar 26 04:52:51 EST 2004

    Matthew> Kalle Näslund wrote:
    >> Also, can anyone remind me why we have several Panel
    >> implementations please ? shouldnt it be very nice to have one
    >> single implementation, that supports the unique features of
    >> both SequencePanel and TranslatedSequencePanel ?

    Matthew> Amen brother! Let's drop the poster class - it's
    Matthew> bad. SequencePanel behaves itself in a scrollable
    Matthew> pane. TranslatedSequencePanel needs to have hooks added
    Matthew> to scroll it. Is there any performance difference between
    Matthew> the two now? Does one render things better than the other
    Matthew> e.g. on long sequences? Let's drop one of these and go
    Matthew> with the other.

That performance difference was on JDK 1.3 (I think) Linux and Tru64.
It could be that with all the changes in 1.4+ that the difference has
closed - one would hope so. I haven't looked at this in a long
while. I will check it out.

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj at sanger.ac.uk> Microarray Facility, Team 65 -
- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK -