[Biojava-l] LabelledSequenceRenderer does not work with TranslatedSequenceRenderer, Newbie

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 12:20:24 EST 2004

Kalle Näslund wrote:

> Also, can anyone remind me why we have several Panel implementations
> please ? shouldnt it be very nice to have one single
> implementation, that supports the unique features of both
> SequencePanel and TranslatedSequencePanel ?

Amen brother! Let's drop the poster class - it's bad. SequencePanel
behaves itself in a scrollable pane. TranslatedSequencePanel needs to
have hooks added to scroll it. Is there any performance difference
between the two now? Does one render things better than the other e.g.
on long sequences? Let's drop one of these and go with the other.

Kalle - want to proposing what to do next?