[Biojava-l] Problems getting started

mmatilai at hytti.uku.fi mmatilai at hytti.uku.fi
Thu Jul 8 04:15:58 EDT 2004

I followed the instructions on how to install BioJava and the jar files. I tried the code 'How
can I make a motif into a regular expression' and get the error message that the compiler
cannot locate the package java.util.regex. Where should this package be located since I
don't seem to have it?

I also tried one of the demos from the package indexing, ListIDs. It compiled ok but
running was terminated by ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. Are the demos expecting
some parameter input since this happened with others as well? the code is not that
explicit without comments for a beginner.