[Biojava-l] how to calculate consensus from a fasta file

Eric BELLARD eric_bellard at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 08:35:06 EST 2004

Hi,

I'd like to first thank you all for your great job on
this project.

I'm using biojava in a project to store some
sequencing result.

In my application the user upload sequences from a
fasta file, and I like to build an alignment from it.

With your project, I can easily parse the fasta file
and get all the sequences.

Let's consider the sequences as lines.
I'd like to calculate the column consensus using dna
degenerate alphabet.

Does biojava implements a way to do this?

Thanks by advance.

Eric