[Biojava-l] Intsall Problems Update

Orion Hunter orion2480 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:36:25 EST 2004

So, I added

/home/user/biojava/main to my classpath, since org.biojava.* sits in this
directory (maybe this should be mentioned in the getting started page).  I
got rid of all my compile errors, but am encountering runtime errors now:

/home/user/biojava/demos>$ java seq.TestEmbl seq/AL121903.embl
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/biojava/bio/symbol/SimpleCrossProductAlphabet
        at org.biojava.bio.seq.DNATools.<clinit>(DNATools.java:54)
rethrown as org.biojava.bio.BioError: Unable to initialize DNATools
        at org.biojava.bio.seq.DNATools.<clinit>(DNATools.java:85)
        at seq.TestEmbl.main(TestEmbl.java:22)

If I go into the directory of this package, there is no .class file for this
file (which is of course why I got this error).  HOwever, I cannot figure
out why there is no .class file.  I didn't get any compile errors, but I
would have thought this class file would have been compiled then. ANy
suggestions?