[Biojava-l] Adapting org.biojava.bio.seq classes to an interface?

Christian Storm cs at is-analyse.de
Thu Dec 16 07:35:40 EST 2004

Is there a way of adapting org.biojava.bio.seq classes / interfaces to an
interface?

I would like to add functionality to some of the interfaces in
org.biojava.bio.seq, i.e. sequence and feature, by adapting them to an
existing interface.

I see two possibilites - a class adapter:

OwnSequence extends SimpleSequence implements NewFunctionality

or an object Adapter:

OwnSequence implements Sequence, NewFunctionality

Unfortunately both approaches would mean massive recoding of the parsing
/building process of sequence-objects, so that in essence it would be
simpler for me to write my own classes to handle sequences.

Anyone an idea?

Cheers,
Christian