[Biojava-l] Best way to represent multiple annotation "tracks"

Ihab A.B. Awad ihab at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 8 18:53:18 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

I'm working on a gene expression data visualization program --

   http://genetics.stanford.edu/~ihab/caryoscope/

I have not used BioJava yet for the data model, but I would like to
migrate in that direction. It seems that my data model is very
similar to BioJava's, except for one thing that puzzles me: How would
you folks represent multiple "tracks" of annotation values? The way I
have things modeled --

http://genetics.stanford.edu/~ihab/caryoscope/doc/api/edu/stanford/genomics/domain/Dataset.html

a Dataset object maps a Feature to a data object (or null). I see you
folks implement this a bit differently: a Feature implements
interface Annotatable, whereby it becomes responsible for knowing
about its own Annotations. Hence my question -- how would you
represent a "track" of annotations as a single entity?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide in pointing me in the right
direction. Peace,

Ihab

--
Ihab A.B. Awad <ihab at stanford.edu>
Snr Scientific Programmer, Dept of Genetics