[Biojava-l] reading sequences from xml files...

Jan Würthner jan.wuerthner at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Sep 8 07:35:49 EDT 2003

Am Monday 08 September 2003 11:40 schrieb Matthew Pocock:

>> [...]
>
> What do you do at the moment? Do you have your own
> parsers, or do you use somebody elses?

I have written an XML parser (Handler) for NCBI's blast output, constructing
SeqSimilaritySearchResult instances by hand. I first tried to use the
BlastXMLParser, but run into trouble dealing with the dtds. The documentation
of the BlastXMLParser suggests to modify the ncbi xml documents, but I wanted
to parse the inputstream.

Is there a place where people can upload/download new parsers?

Jan

--
Jan Würthner
Institute for Medical Microbiology