[Biojava-l] (no subject)

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber at agresearch.co.nz
Mon Oct 20 16:02:02 EDT 2003

Hi -

Biojava historians eh?

I suppose the best place to look would be the biojava page. www.biojava.org. There is also a biojava in anger page that contains some tutorial material that might be of use. There is also some background and demos/ tutorials off the main biojava page.

I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) it got up and running around 1998 with Matthew Pocock and Thomas Down at the Sanger Centre (now Sanger institute). It currently has about 5 core developers and ~50 peoples names appear in @author tags on the code. The last stable release was biojava 1.3 (although we should probably put out the accumulated bug fixes). The development version is biojava-live that has > 1000 classes and far too many lines of code to count!

Feel free to post other questions to the list.

- Mark