[Biojava-l] Thanks/New Ensembl Release

Warth,Rainer,LAUSANNE,NRC-BS rainer.warth at rdls.nestle.com
Wed May 7 13:36:28 EDT 2003

Thanks !

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Down [mailto:thomas at derkholm.net]
Sent: mercredi, 7. mai 2003 12:30
To: Warth,Rainer,LAUSANNE,NRC-BS
Cc: biojava-l at biojava.org
Subject: Re: [Biojava-l] New Ensembl Release

Once upon a time, on a computer far far away, Warth,Rainer,LAUSANNE,NRC-BS
wrote:
> Dear Thomas,
>   the link you mention is very usefull. I understand that example 4 will
> generate the
> mapping classification file (mapped, merged, split, lost). I assume with
> these files I can
> update my dataset here.
> 	Do you know if ENSEMBL provides these files with a release ?

Unfortunately, I don't think they are generally available.  However,
you can trace
what has happened to the ENSG IDs between recent Ensembl releases
by looking at data in the mapping_session and stable_id_event
tables in recent Ensembl core databases.