[Biojava-l] BioJava 1.3pre2

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber at agresearch.co.nz
Fri May 2 11:13:24 EDT 2003

Hi -

I know of two additions that I made to biojava-live that would be good in bj1.3. I made some additions to SeqIOTools which makes the new fileToBiojava and biojavaToFile easier and more flexible to use. I also made a major overhaul of the org.biojava.bio.proteomics package which would be useful to merge in (alternatively that package should be dropped from 1.3 as its non biojava-live form is buggy and unreliable).

I also know of three recent bug reports that haven't been resolved (too my knowledge).

1 Problems with printing CircularLocations (I'll try and cover this in the next few days <sigh>).
2 Gap Symbol needs to be Atomic?? (not sure of the details on this but its a fairly recent post).
3 Upgrade the Blast result system. Not really a bug, just the addition of the ability to get all the information made available by the BlastLikeSAXParser events.

- Mark