[Biojava-l] how to do multi-lined feature display

Keith James kdj at sanger.ac.uk
Sun Mar 30 22:57:16 EST 2003

Sorry about the delay replying - one host I use here has been silently
dropping a lot of my outgoing mail. This is reply is regarding
imagemaps...

There is some imagemap infrastructure in the same package as the
SequenceRenderers which might be some use; see the ImageMap interface,
its ClientSide and ServerSide implementations, the HotSpot class
(which encapsulates coordinates, a URL and an optional user Object)
and the ImageMapRenderer interface.

ImageMapRenderer is a decorator for FeatureRenderer which provides a
method for creating suitable coord Strings. The current impls are a
bit sucky because I haven't had time to factor out the common parts of
the image-drawing and HotSpot-creating code. Right now there are
imagemap renderers for RectangularBeads and Ziggys, but it's a bit of
a pain creating new renderers.

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj at sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -