[Biojava-l] how to do multi-lined feature display

Patrick McConnell MCCon012 at mc.duke.edu
Thu Mar 27 12:20:28 EST 2003

Let me be more specific.  I want to be able to reproduce something like
EnsEMBL, where I have one sequence and multiple tracks of features.

Specifically, I have a sequence and a bunch of blast hits from different
databases.  I also have some other data, such as quality scores for the
sequence, that I need to build custom renderers for (which will come
later).

I think I need to use the  MultiLineRenderer in conjunction with a
SequencePanel, but I cannot figure out how to get multiple tracks of
annotations.  Do I need to add Features to the Sequence in a special
manner?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Oh, and I noticed that there is a demo on the BioJava site similar to what
I want to do called SequenceViewer.  Is the source for this available?

Thanks!

-Patrick

"Patrick McConnell" <MCCon012 at mc.duke.edu>@biojava.org on 03/25/2003
12:54:46 PM