[Biojava-l] SAX parser

David Huen smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 15:06:24 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 24 Jun 2003 4:54 am, Russell Smithies wrote:
> It it just me or is Blast's XML screwed?
> I've spent a whole day shagging about but couldn't a SAX parser to
> identify anything but each elements localName  :-(
> The Attributes always seem to be empty.
>
> What have I missed?

The BJ parsing framework is doesn't work this way.

This is the general framework:-
SAXParser->SAX2StAXAdaptor->BlastXMLParser->SeqSimilarityAdapter->Rest of
Blast output handling stuff.

The part up to the BlastXMLParser is equivalent to the BlastlikeSAXParser.

I have written a demo for BlastXML that I will upload later today.  I need
to work in some workarounds for the differences in Xerces and Sun's
handling and in DTD handling so the stuff will work seemlessly too.

Regards,
David Huen