[Biojava-l] Different implementation of Sequence?

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jun 6 15:32:50 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 10:33:28AM +0100, Y D Sun wrote:

> [...]

Hmmm...

That amount of data definitely ought to be handled without
any big problems.  On the other hand, it's enough that if
a lot of the database accesses we're going for indices, it
could plausibly take a minute or so.

I've attached a new schema file which is compatible with the
one on the website, but has some extra CREATE INDEX statements.
Could you try again with that.  If that doesn't help, it might
be worth trying MySQL to get a different datapoint.

Finally, could you point me to one of the EMBL files you use
(preferably the biggest one), and I'll do some testing at
some point.