[Biojava-l] Multiple sequence alignment

hlr02 at doc.ic.ac.uk hlr02 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 17:32:16 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am aligning a set of sequences to a profile HMM. I would like to convert the
individual alignments into one (multiple sequence) alignment object. I tried to
build a new map for my msa by retrieving the sequence symbollist from the
statepaths and the sequence names. The problem with this approach is that the
symbollists differ in length and the alignments haven't been 'zipped' to take
redundant gaps into account.

I was wondering if biojava supports conversion of a set of alignments into a
multiple sequence alignment so that all alignments will have the same length.

Thanks,

Henry Romijn