[Biojava-l] source codes for bytecode.jar, xerces.jar, jakarta-regexp.jar & htmlparser.jar

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Thu Jul 10 18:18:05 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, Yu Wang wrote:
> Dear Sr/Madam,
>
> I am trying to build NetBSD package for biojava1.3, and I want to build
> everything from source so when this package is ported to some other OS, it
> still work.
> Could you please tell me how I can get source codes for bytecode.jar,
> xerces.jar, jakarta-regexp.jar & htmlparser.jar?

The bytecode package you'll currently have to get from
CVS.  See:

   http://cvs.open-bio.org/

for instructions, then check out the `bytecode' module from
the biojava CVS repository.  (I can build a tar.gz source distribution
if there's any demand, but so far I don't think anyone has asked...)

xerces.jar:  http://xml.apache.org/

jakarta-regexp.jar:  http://jakarta.apache.org/

Not sure about htmlparser.jar.  Can anyone remember?  Do
we still use it for anything?

Note that the requirements for both xerces and jakarta-regexp
will be dropped in the next BioJava release.  XML parser and
regular expression functionality are available in java 1.4
without needing 3rd party libraries.