[Biojava-l] Massaging multi-query BLAST XML output...

DeAngelo Lampkin dlampkin at xencor.com
Wed Jul 9 16:47:48 EDT 2003

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks to Keith and Matthew on the assist with the last question.  And to the rest, shame on you all for not helping sooner! :)

So now for my newest question concerning parsing Blast XML files; specifically the mangled XML file that come out as a result of a multiple query FASTA file search .   I read the JavaDoc on BlastXMLParser and it made reference to a shell script (blast_aggregate) that massages the XML output into something that is, you know, *legal* XML. Is this an actual script floating around somewhere or was it something put in for illustrative purposes only?  I could do it myself, I suppose, but while I like wheels as much as the next guy, I try to avoid reinventing them when possible.

Thanks again,
DeAngelo Lampkin