[Biojava-l] Initial impressions...

Len Trigg len at reeltwo.com
Tue Jul 8 12:53:17 EDT 2003

Mark Schreiber wrote:

> The BioSQL schema in its latest incarnation (BioSQL 1.0 or the
> Singapore schema) should be able to handle Taxonomy stuff. This
> schema is supported in biojava-live, the older schema is supported
> by biojava 1.30 and I don't know how well it handled Taxon data (not
> well I recall).

I've been having a poke through the source to BioSQLSequenceDB and
there is a bunch of code in there for dealing with Taxons that is
commented out (perhaps it worked with the older schema but hasn't been
migrated to the new schema). I may see if I can update that code to
the new schema.

Cheers,
Len.