[Biojava-l] How to extract chromosome ID from a Transcript?

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Mon Jul 7 15:51:09 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, Alberto Ambesi wrote:
> Thank you for your help!
> 	Now I have another problem, on the same code. Apparently, the
> 	iterator on 'transcripts' extracts multiple copies of same features, if the
> gene has more than one transcript. I just can't figure why. I adjusted my
> code in order to skip redundancies, but is there a more elegant way?

Transcripts get fetching in `tiles', generally 1MB long.  If a
transcript overlaps the boundary between two tiles, two copies
of it get fetched.  This ought to be sorted out internally, but
unfortunately an equals method was missing, so they were slipping
through.  If you use the CVS version of biojava-ensembl, I *think*
this was fixed last week (but I haven't actually tried it out in
anger yet).