[Biojava-l] What could be improved in biojava GUI code?

Christopher Mason cmason@cmason.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:34:51 -0700

I was hoping I could generate a bit of discussion about what, if any,
improvements could be made to the GUI bits of biojava.  In particular, are
there any features which you might find useful, or any technical or
architectural problems you face when using that code?  What are you using
it for?  What would you use it for, but can't because it's too difficult,
too confusing, not supported, etc?

Although trained as one, I don't work daily as a biologist, so it's often
hard for me to envision how people use biological software.  I have some
ideas that I'll present next week, but before then I wanted to hear what
others thought.  Now, I'm not implying there's anything wrong with the
biojava code; I'm just interested in helping make it better.  I'm hoping to
generate a kind of wish-list that I can help implement.  I notice that on
the wiki there is a wish-list for biojava 2, but there's no mention of GUI
code.

Thanks,

-c

[ Christopher Mason    <cmason@cmason.com>   http://www.cmason.com/ ]