[Biojava-l] Is there a Java implementation of SW that also returns N suboptimal alignments

David Nix nix at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 20 18:44:58 EDT 2003

Hello Folks,
    I'm looking for a local alignment script that uses a variant of the
Smith-Waterman algorithm where, in addition to the highest scoring
alignment, all other alignments above a given score cut off are returned.
Two such programs have already been written in C (LALIGN and SIM), but I
would like to use all native code in my application to preserve the Java
portability.  Any suggestions? -cheers, Dave

--
David Austin Nix, PhD
University of California at Berkeley

510-486-6791 (lab)