[Biojava-l] Modelling sequence variants

Devereau Andrew (RW3) CM&MC Manchester Andrew.Devereau at cmmc.nhs.uk
Wed Aug 20 09:39:58 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am working on a project concerned with annotating and archiving variations in DNA sequences, especially pathogenic mutations.  I have started looking at BioJava, and from what I have seen so far it should be possible to use a Feature to model a variant in a Sequence.  I am wondering though if anyone has any experience of trying to do this, or if there are specific classes produced to model variants.

Thanks,

Andrew Devereau

---