[Biojava-l] Connecting to GenBank - Found the problem!

lach at cantv.net lach at cantv.net
Mon Aug 18 16:44:49 EDT 2003

Hi!

I found the problem.  Last week was installed a Proxy Server on the local
network.

It must be added the following code to work properly:

                System.setProperty( "proxySet", "true" );
                System.setProperty( "http.proxyHost", "YourProxyHost" );
                System.setProperty( "http.proxyPort", "YourProxyPort" );
                Authenticator.setDefault( new httpAuthenticateProxy() );
and

   public static class httpAuthenticateProxy extends Authenticator {
        protected PasswordAuthentication getPasswordAuthentication() {
            return new
PasswordAuthentication("YourUsername","YourPassword".toCharArray());
        }
    }

 Well I hope this can help anybody in the future...

Luis Ch.
lach at cantv.net