[Biojava-l] Nightly checkin reports (Re: [Biojava-dev] biojava / Security)

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Sun Aug 17 23:02:38 EDT 2003

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Thomas Down wrote:

> Once upon a time, Matthew Pocock wrote:
> > Last time I checked, CVS notification sent messages
> > /per file/ rather than per commit. That's painfull.
> > Perhaps a daily single cvs mail would be better?
>
> Okay, I've set this up as a nightly job.  At the moment, the
> reports are just being sent to a test mailing list of a few
> people who've already expressed interest (let me know if you
> want to be added).

I'm interested in being added to this test list, if the messages are not
to be posted to the biojava-dev list.  Just make sure that they are
flagged with an appropriate [biojava-cvs-commit] or some such subject
prefix.

> What is the feeling about posting these reports to the
> biojava-dev at biojava.org mailing list (which is, after all,
> intended for people who are participating in, or at least
> actively following, development).  If there's anyone
> who strongly considers this to be silly/evil/spammy,
> please speak up soon.
>
> Coming soon:
>
>     - Similar reports for the BioJava 1.3x maintainance branch
>       (I'm currently trying to work out the least-nasty CVS hack
>       to do this).
>
>     - Integration with nightly build and test reports.

Using maven for this?

An additional useful report would be an unit test coverage report.  Clover
is a pretty good tool for this, and can be integrated with maven (and ant,
of course).

> http://www.thecortex.net/clover

It requires a license, but the O|B|F could request a free license for use
in the biojava project.

   michael