[Biojava-l] problems installing biojava on Windows 2000

David Millis dmillis at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 10 09:09:40 EDT 2003

Mark -

Thanks for your response to my message.

I am using the netBeans 3.5 IDE for editing and compiling Java files. I
have found that if I mount the biojava-1.30-jdk14.jar archive inside the
IDE, the Java compiler is able to find all the files it needs, even if I
don't edit the Windows PATH variable. I have finally been able to get
one of the example from "BioJava In Anger" to compile without any
errors. This is so much easier than trying to get the PATH variable set
exactly right in Windows that I will just use this strategy.

David Millis.