[Biojava-l] problems installing biojava on Windows 2000

David Millis dmillis at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 7 15:03:42 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am new to using biojava. I am trying to install biojava on a PC running
Windows 2000 Professional. I am using Java 2 SDK version 1.4.2. I have
downloaded the files in the "binaries" directory in the download area of the
biojava server to the directory "C:\biojava" on my computer. I have added the
string

"C:\biojava;C:\biojava\biojava.jar;C:\biojava\xerces.jar;C:\biojava\bytecode.jar;"

to my PATH variable. When I try to compile one of the simple demo files,
like AlphabetExample.java, I get error messages saying that the packages
"org.biojava.bio.symbol.*" and "org.biojava.bio.seq.*" can't be found. Is
there something else I have to do to get the biojava files installed correctly?

Thanks -
David Millis.