[Biojava-l] How to Use SixFrameRenderer and related classes? (fwd)

hywang hywang at scbit.org
Mon Aug 4 21:11:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have foward the mail to biojava-l at biojava.org
and David Huen  replied to me.

You are right and I work on windows.And the error info I send in the last
mail is not complete because of my carelessness. So I just sent a complete
one to Mr.Huen, and now wait for his new reply.

By the way , I have another question:

How can I highlight a feature clicked by the mouse.

Could I use the features renderers in biojava to do this work?

As you know ,following the work flow below, we can render a group of
features:

FeatureFilter CDSFilter = new FeatureFilter.ByType("CDS");
final BasicFeatureRenderer fr = new BasicFeatureRenderer();
FeatureBlockSequenceRenderer cds = new FeatureBlockSequenceRenderer();
cds.setFeatureRenderer(fr);
mlRend.addRenderer(new FilteringRenderer(cds, CDSFilter, false));

But how can I render just one feature in the sequencepanel?
We might use renderfeature(Graphics2D,Feature,SequenceContext) method of
interface FeatureRenderer to do this. But it's difficult to get the exact
FeatureRenderer which was clicked. I have no idea about how to get
Graphics2D and SequenceContext for it.

I have been in quite a mass to do the work, which seems so easy,but give me
quite a shock.And I wonder if I should work it out with no aid of biojava
and it'srenderers. But even so , I could only give up all the renderers of
biojava and even all my work is wasted.

Oh my god, how can I highlight or setoutline the feature clicked by the
mouse?

:-(

Thanks any way.

Haiyan Wang,