[Biojava-l] serializable PackedSymbolList?

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:28:09 +0100

Hi Dave,

You're right. There's no reason these classes should not be
serializable. I've changed it in CVS. The altered files are
PackedSymbolList, DNAAmbPack and DNANoAmbPack. I don't think
PackingFactory needs to be serializable as it only contains static data.

Matthew

Dave Barkan wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have gotten PackedSymbolList to work but it is not serializable.  I was
> wondering if there is anything preventing this class (and the classes
> Packing and PackingManager, as it appears PackedSymbolList requires these)
> from implementing the Serializable interface?  This would be a big help
> for me.  Thanks!
>
> Dave

BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk