[Biojava-l] CVS

Ren, Zhen zren@amylin.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:42:17 -0700

Thank you so much.  More related questions:

In the C:\biojava-live folder, I found 4 JAR files - bytecode.jar, jakarta-regexp.jar, xerces.jar, and htmlparser.jar.  Where are xml.jar and biojava.jar files?

Zhen

-----Original Message-----
From: David Huen [mailto:smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 12:05 PM
To: Ren, Zhen
Subject: Re: [Biojava-l] CVS

On Friday 25 Oct 2002 7:35 pm, Ren, Zhen wrote:
> Hi, there,
>
> Mark Schreiber recommended me looking into using cvs to access the
> biojava-live distribution to keep up to date with future bug fixes.
> (Thanks, Mark!)  The instructions can be found at http://cvs.biojava.org/
> web site.  However, I stuck at very end, i.e., when I typed "cvs update"
> command, I got this message:
>
> C:\>cvs update
> cvs update: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
> cvs [update aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
>
> Can someone help give a direction to finish this update please?  Thanks a
> lot.

You have to be within the root directory of the CVS tree for that command to
work in that form.  I suggest going into your biojava-live/ directory and
try that command again.

Regards,
David Huen

--

David Huen, Ph.D.              Email: smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Dept. of Genetics              Fax  : +44 1223 333992