[Biojava-l] equals() method for SymbolList

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:27:37 +0100 (BST)

Hi Lachlan,

SymbolList should be behaving like a string over its
symbols. It is silly if it doesn't do this. Hash codes
should realy be calculated in a different (but
sequence-dependant) way to avoid scanning the whole of
very large sequences just to do a hash lookup. Anyone
got any ideas?

If you have some code to do this then we can fold it
back into the project.

Matthew