[Biojava-l] Write and read profile HMM to disk

Lachlan Coin lc1@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:18:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tisanai,

I have also had problems with this approach.  From memory, the
problem is that the XML code for hmms does not support emission
probabilities properly, so when you read back a hmm you get a model with
the right transition probabilites, but the default uniform emission
probabilities (something like this at least - it was a while ago).  You
can confirm that this is the case by looking in the XML output.

Perhaps a better way to do this is via serialisation?

Lachlan